Thursday, March 16, 2006

Savita Chemicals

Pl keep this scrip in your watchlist

I'll start with 'things-that-hurt' on this scrip. The stock -
a) Is rather close to it's 52-week high
b) Is below my 10 crs a quarter rule
c) Is fairly above it's NCAV (4x above)
d) No news value

Now, what I like about this stock.
a) Savita Chemicals has improved in sales and profits by 20% for the last three quarters
b) It's fwdP/E ratio is 11.08
c) The company hardly deploys debt in it's balance sheet .. just 20.24 crs
d) Cash in the company is 21.66 rupees per share. Not much, but good enough to convince me of another dividend ... of atleast 12 rupees.
e) Dividend yield would come to 2.33%

The charting of this scrip has me stumped. Savita Chemicals has virtually no volumes to speak off, however it has consistently grown in the stock market. Price on 16-March-2004: 100 rupees; Price on 16-March-2005: 235 rupees. Only one dip - in the month of Nov 2005 when it went down to 275 from 375. I feel the stock will fall down to 350 rupees and not more ... sooner or later. It might be a good idea to pick a small stake once the stock touches 375 rupees to a share.

No comments: